Christian Brothers College (CBC), is a college that specialises in the education of boys, provides a rich and diverse curriculum catering to the varied interests of our students.
CBC’s inner-city location provides a contemporary learning environment with access to a multitude of learning opportunities in the community.
ACARA currently provides the framework for subjects in Junior School (Reception to Year 6), Middle School (Year 7 to Year 9), and Year 10 (Senior School), with the exception of the SACE Stage 1 Personal Learning Plan subject which is undertaken by students in Year 10.
The main objective of the Middle and Senior School curriculums are:
- To develop high standards of literacy, comprehension, and numeracy
- To develop organisational skills
- To develop critical and creative higher-order thinking skills
- To provide opportunities for student-centred and enquiry-orientated learning
- To develop cooperative learning skills
- To incorporate technology into the curriculum as an important learning tool
- To provide for integrated learning across the curriculum
- To meet the specific needs of individual students by providing specific learning programs and catering for student’s different learning styles
- To provide learning experiences across all areas of the curriculum in preparation for the selection of study pathways in the Senior School
Subjects at Year 11 and 12 (Stage 1 and 2) are developed in accordance with the requirements of the SACE Board. The Senior School focuses on students ‘building on their strengths’ by choosing a path of study that is linked to their own interests and provides the best opportunity for individual success and SACE completion.
As well as the standard Australian Curriculum, we offer our CBC Advantage VET Pathways program, while completing their SACE.
Our learning support team, Pastoral Care, and Well-being programs, enhanced by our Faith and Spirituality, ensure every CBC boy is nurtured and cared for. To enrich students’ learning, CBC has extensive Co-curricular offerings, with specialist coaches in soccer, football, cricket, and basketball.
For more information about our CBC Curriculum and specific information regarding subject offerings in the Senior School, please view our R-12 Curriculum Guide 2023 and our CBC Curriculum Offerings.
For information regarding the SACE and SACE subjects for Stage 1 and Stage 2, please visit the SACE website here.
Faith & Spirituality
All students engage in Religious Education as a holistic experience.
We offer a wide range of co-curricular activities to encourage the development of individual talents, and important life skills of teamwork, cooperation, positive behaviour and attitudes, self-discipline, and commitment.
Pastoral Care & Wellbeing
When students have a good relationship with their teachers, they are more likely to feel positive about class and school in general.
Students can connect their learning to future career aspirations through Vocational Education & Training courses and more.
Gifted & Talented
We have implemented strategies used for identifying and planning for gifted and talented students.