The Music Suite contains the latest developments in music technology and is at the heart of 21st Century education at Christian Brothers College.
The lab contains 25 iMac computers each with audio interfaces and 49 key midi keyboards. Software utilised by students includes:
- Logic Pro X – professional standard music production software in which students learn to record, edit, mix, master and produce music.
- Sibelius – music notation software, offering sophisticated, yet easy – to – use tools that are used for composition and arranging.
- Musition and Auralia – music theory and aural tools that improve students understanding of music.
Students engage in student-based and real-life projects in which they work collaboratively using technology to find creative solutions. Students are involved in the entire creative journey from making music to production. They share and collaborate their projects using Web 2.0 technology.
Examples of projects include:
- Composing for film, TV and/or radio
- Video game music
- Electronic music production
- Recording and mastering
- Live sound
In Year 9 and 10, students complete a VET Certificate II in Music Industry as part of their coursework. This nationally recognised qualification provides students with hands-on experiences within the music industry.
Return to Facilities